The Banski Show – Episode 1
Guest: Mickey Shiloh
In his inaugural podcast debut, Banski hosts Mickey Shiloh, the triple-threat multi-platinum selling singer-songwriter, author and entrepreneur who has worked with Brittany Spears, Pitbull and Janet Jackson (among many others) and established an amazing label that offers services and a community like none other in the music industry.
Banski and Mickey have a far-ranging conversation that covers topics both practical and personal, serious as well as light-hearted. The Forbes Magazine “30 Under 30” influencer (Mickey is 28) shares her experiences as not only a multi-platinum selling artist but also as the businesswoman whose company, HRDRV, (pronounced Hard Drive) is reinventing music production. Far more than just a place to create content, HRDRV offers a full complement of services and support for distribution, administration, facilitation among streaming platforms, art and digital production, co-writing sessions, mentorship programs and consultations.
Mickey’s many entrepreneurial projects (which also include the publication of popular eBooks, webinars, live events and constant fresh music and video releases) would not be possible without lessons learned along the way, including the unexpected gifts she has taken from a bipolar diagnosis and even the challenges of Covid-19. This is a young woman who defines self-awareness and start-up ingenuity, humor and resiliency. Tune in for some great insights, listener questions and highlights to look out for as Mickey rolls into 2021 and beyond!
· A little about Mickey’s background and her introduction to writing music.
· Some dos and don’ts for reaching out to artists and producers you admire.
· Structuring songs – How Mickey learned and evolved her craft.
· The defining characteristics of a great chorus and some of the differences between writing raps versus writing lyrics to sing.
· How Mickey came to write and publish her many books, including a #1 Amazon music business bestseller .
· Business ventures and marketing genius both start with recognizing your own value.
· Mickey’s thoughts on the self-help genre, books that have influenced her (and Banski) and the power of manifestation.
· Knowing your “why.” Is it something to share or keep to yourself? How Mickey’s reflection and realizations have impacted the course of her life going forward.
· The importance of candid conversation about mental health issues.
· Spending money: What are Mickey’s priorities? (Hint: It’s all about her businesses.)
· New pursuits, including an app to leverage HRDRV offerings.
· Covid-19’s impact on Mickey’s live activity and in-person events.
· Much more about all the resources HRDRV has to offer.
· #ShftSunday – Quantity and quality music Mickey’s releasing on a weekly basis.
· An interesting mix of fan questions for Mickey!